As a student planning to sit for the unified tertiary and matriculation examination (UTME) in 2021, the first step is to create your JAMB profile.
I strongly advise you to double-check that everything you use is yours and has been thoroughly checked.
What is JAMB Profile
JAMB profile is the process of submitting your details to the joint admission and matriculation board (JAMB) so as to be among those who will seat for the unified tertiary and matriculation examination.
You will have a dashboard on the JAMB portal after submitting the required details. You can other wise say having an account on jamb portal.
Mandatory Details For Creating An Account With Jamb In 2021
Before your details can be entered into the jamb database, you must provide the following information.
Your full name: every candidate must have a name that can be used to address them. If you didn’t fall from heaven, I don’t think you shouldn’t have a name.
In a situation whereby you don’t have a name you can use mine as yours. But it’s also painful I also have no name. My name is the same as yours.
During registration, avoid using nicknames and abbreviation. Use the name you are identified with.
Be careful of your name arrangement.
Olamilekan Oluwasegun might not be considered as Oluwasegun Olamilekan.
To be at a safer side, ensure that your name and date of birth (D.O.B) are the same as they were when you registered for WAEC.
An email address: an electronic mail address is required from you during your profile creation. What is it for?.
- Notification: you will be notified for actions such as password reset, successful payment for a service, admission approval, UTME result.
- Log In: whenever you attempt to log into the jamb portal, your email will be requested. Get one today to start the journey.
A safe password: you will need an access key to enter your jamb portal. This key is known as your password. Ascertain that the password was selected by you.
DURING REGISTRATION AND CAPTURING, CBT CENTRES ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO CREATE PASSWORDS FOR CANDIDATES.PASSWORD PHRASE WILL BE SENT TO CANDIDATE EMAIL IMMEDIATELY AFTER SUCCESSFUL CAPTURING
It is recommended that you use words/characters that are difficult to guess for security reasons.
Other details needed
Your National Identification Number: Since the national identification number is required for 2021 Jamb candidates, you must obtain one now in order to continue with the creation of your profile.
To get your NIN visit approved National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) in close proximity to your place.
An active mobile number: in my previous article on jamb registration form guide, I sighted a warning that usage of your friends phone number is a bad idea.
Your phone number serve as an alternative to your email address therefore whichever number you will be using must be yours or for your parent.
I understand that not every student has access to a mobile device at this time, but at the very least, try to purchase and register a sim card from any Telecom agent of your choosing.
Note that once you’ve registered, you may not be able to update your phone number again.
After you’ve successfully prepared all of the necessary data, it’s time to get started on the actual creation.
How To Create Jamb Profile For 2021 UTME
You have two(2) options for creating your profile.
- JAMB eFacility Portal
Let’s look at the two options one by one. To avoid creating multiple accounts, just use one of the two methods.
Creating Jamb Profile Via SMS
- Make sure your sim card has at least 100 naira airtime, despite the fact that the fee is just 50 naira.
- Ensure you are sending the text message with your personal sim card as there will be no room for multiple account creation.
- Open the text messaging app on your phone.
- Send NIN space NIN NUMBER to 55019.
- You will get a ten (10) character profile code in return
- This code will be used to purchase the 2021 Jamb form.
That’s all regarding it. Isn’t this a quick procedure? Let’s look at the second procedure and see which is the quickest.
eFacility portal profile creation
- Visit the sign up page. Click here to access the page.
- Fill in the necessary information, such as your phone number and email address.
- Choose a security question for which you are confident in your ability to recall the answer.
- After all the forms are perfectly filled click on verify email.
- An activation link will be forwarded to the email account you provided.
- Follow the link to complete your bio-data (gender, local government area (LGA), nationality, etc.
Upon successfully profile creation, a mail will be sent to you from jamb containing your profile details.
Precautions to Take When Creating A Jamb Profile
- Do not use previously used number, regardless of how old the sim is.
- Keep your profile password to yourself.
- Ensure to use short email address (25 characters should be enough).
- During registration, don’t use pet names for your names.
- Don’t predict an email account thinking it has not been used. i.e first of all create your Gmail account and make sure the Gmail address has not been used by anybody.
- Arrange your names the way it is on your birth certificate and avoid arranging it alphabetically.
- If you misplace the sim card you used during registration, quickly retrieve it. Hence, if the retrieval is late, report at any jamb office close to you.
- Seek advice when needed to avoid mistakes. For urgent assistance don’t hesitate to visit a nearby Jamb office for clarification.
- Make sure the page you’re creating your profile on solely belongs to the joint admission and matriculation board.
- Payment Should be made through authorized body only.
- Recheck form before final submission.
- Be careful of case sensitive letters.
- Usage of browsers such as chrome or brave is recommended.
- Avoid logging into your jamb profile into peoples device. Incase you don’t have any choice than to use other phones, ensure you log out your browsing session.
- Only log in to someone you confide in device to avoid keylogger means of getting your inputed credentials.
- Lastly don’t save your email and password on people’s phone.