January 7, 2022 by Olamilekan
Can I change my Jamb name?. Yes, you can surely change your jamb.
While registering for JAMB, there is a possibility of committing mistakes if the information provided is not thoroughly reviewed.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, on the other hand, has made a form (virtual/physical) available to anyone who wishes to change their name.
I highly urge you to correct your names as soon as possible if they contain any errors.
Consequences Of Using A Wrong Name In Jamb Profile
What exactly is the primary reason why I have to change my change?
- Admission rejection: If the institution to which you are applying discovers that the name on your JAMB profile does not match the one on your O’level, you may be denied admission.
- Candidate’s arrest: If you’re travelling and you’re stopped by the police or any force agency and asked to open your file, if they discover your name isn’t correct, you could be arrested for falsifying results if you don’t take precautions. Although I have never heard or seen a candidate complain about being arrested due of a wrong name, but it is possible.
- Being making jest of: Your buddies could make fun of you by calling you by the wrong name. Consider the case when your name is Olalekan and your jamb profile name is Olelekan (laziness increase). Some of your pals may begin to refer to you as “lazy boy,” making fun of you.
JAMB change of Name Via SMS
JAMB has offered a short code number for a variety of operations, including name correction.
This method, is only applicable prior to the final jamb registration.
If you discover your name was misspelt after creating your profile, follow the steps below before moving on for your bio metrics.
- Send your SURNAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME to 55019.
- The above names must be the new names you intend to use.
- Only send this SMS from the phone number used to register for JAMB.
If you were unable to make any changes before completing your JAMB profile, proceed to the next stage.
Correction Of Name Through JAMB portal
You must have an active JAMB account in order to use this method.
- Go to the Jamb efacility portal.
- Use your email address and password to log into your account (the one used during account creation).
- Once you have successfully login, you will see correction of data on the navbar.
- Click on it. You will see a list of items you can correct select name among them.
- After that, you’ll be taken to a screen where you can choose your payment method. I recommend that you pay with your ATM card.
- You will be able to edit your names after you have completed your payment by filling out the correction form.
Late Application / Indemnity Form
After the JAMB change of name deadline has passed, you will be handed an indemnity form to complete.
This form can be obtained at a JAMB office near your home.
You should fill out this form completely. Take it to the people listed on the form who must sign it.
Finally, send it back to your state’s Jamb office for correction.
correction of name Price
The cost of the jamb change of name form varies depending on when you apply.
You will be charged two thousand five hundred naira if you apply before the indemnity form is approved (2,500).
In a situation where you couldn’t apply at the early stage you will get to know the price at any Jamb office close to you.
Frequently asked questions
How many times can I correct my names on Jamb portal?
You can correct your names at least two times on the JAMB platform. I’m not sure what the maximum times of corrections allowed is.
Should I change my name if the arrangements are incorrect?
If you have the ability to change it, I recommend that you do so.
I changed my name, but it is yet to appear on my profile. Is there a way to fix this?
Return to the Jamb office / CBT Centre where you submitted or applied for the form and inquire about the status of the correction.